Understanding Data Protection and making a plan to stay compliant
Header image: Image from Canva
Applications for cohorts are now open! You will need to have signed up to Heritage Digital Academy to proceed with the application. Once signed in, please press ’Apply to Cohort 1’ and complete the form. Applications will close on the 22nd September and you will be informed about whether you are successful in the following days.
This session will help you to understand the Data Protection legislation that will impact your digital activities, how to identify lines of responsibility for the management of personal data within your organisation and how to put processes in place to ensure legal compliance is embedded within your organisation strategy.
This module will cover:
- Understand the current Data Protection regulations and guidelines governing heritage organisations’ work
- Learn what is meant by personal data, processing, Data Controller, Data Processor and what the role of the ICO is
- Review the types of digital activities involving the processing of personal data
- Understand how to identify lines of responsibility for the management of personal data within your organisation
- Learn about processes you can put in place to ensure legal compliance is embedded within your organisational strategy
- Learn about, and undertake a Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) on one of your organisation’s digital activities
We will be releasing more information about cohorts and modules in the coming weeks. If you’re new to Heritage Digital, you’ll need to register with us to make sure you don’t miss out on all Heritage Digital updates. You can do that by following this link.
Already registered? Fill in our quick form to join the Academy mailing list here.