Getting Started with Data
Even the smallest heritage organisations deal with surprising amounts of data in their services, fundraising, communications, research and other activities. But knowing how to harness this information to improve decision making can seem daunting! In this webinar, you will learn about simple, practical tools and frameworks to get started on your data journey. Using real-life examples, we will show you:
- How data can be used to understand and evaluate your organisation’s impact
- How the data maturity framework can be used to build your organisation’s data capabilities
- Frameworks for ensuring your data is collected and used responsibly
- Free or low-cost advice and tools available to guide your data strategy and upskill your staff
Workshop hosts: DataKind UK supports charities, local government and social enterprises to use data science. DataKind runs DataDive weekends focused on exploratory analysis and prototyping, and undertake ambitious DataCorps projects with nonprofits to deliver cutting-edge data science solutions. And for those needing lighter touch support, we have regular Office Hours sessions. All our projects are run by our volunteers - data scientists in industry, who give their time to help nonprofits change the world - and most of our programmes are free!
Who should watch:
This session is for anyone working within a heritage organisation. It is most useful for anyone who is responsible for making decisions about what you do and how you deliver your organisation’s programmes and activities based on the information you have. No previous knowledge of data use or data science is required.
Slides & Resources
Thank you for attending our webinar!
As promised, hit the link below to download the slides from the session:
- Historic England – Visitor Attractions Trends in England report 2018
- Welsh Government - Visits to Tourist Attractions in Wales 2018
- Visit Scotland – Research Insights
- Tourism NI – Visitor Attractions data
- Association of Leading Visitor Attractions (ALVA) COVID-19 Visitor Sentiment Research
- The Audience Agency – Bounce Forwards Digital Audience Survey
- The Audience Agency – Audience Spectrum
- Google Analytics Academy
- The Audience Agency - How to Design a Visitor Survey
- Creative Scene – Impactful Insights: A Data-Driven Approach to Audience Development Case Study
- Culture24 Digital Pathways resource bank
- DataKind UK resources
- DataKind UK handout
- DataKind UK Office Hours
- Digital Culture Compass
- What is Data Maturity?
- Data Maturity Framework
- Digital Candle
- Open data
- Edx data courses
- Drag and drop mapping