Heritage Digital Workshop: Get started with your digital marketing strategy
Applications for this workshop are now closed.
This workshop will run on as a two-part session. There are three different dates available from 10 am-12 pm on:
- 15th + 17th June
- 22nd + 24th June
- 5th and 7th July
In the application form, you can select which workshop dates suit you best. However, if successful, you will only be selected for one set of dates. Please note, you must be able to attend both parts of the workshop dates you select.
This last year has forced heritage organisations to consider and improve how they market themselves online. When the pandemic forced us into lockdown in March 2020, online become essential to keeping connected to your audience. One year on and it’s never been more important to be strategic and intentional about your digital marketing, which is essential to your organisation’s survival in an increasingly tech-driven world.
This two-part marketing workshop will help you begin thinking through the various facets of digital marketing and whether you are utilising the tools and techniques out there to help you reach and engage the right audiences on the right platforms.
We will help you assess where you are currently, in terms of digital, and where you want to be as an organisation – creating a roadmap for success. You will then learn how to identify your audience, where to find them online and how best to engage them.
The workshop will be split into two morning sessions, from 10am-12pm, each lasting two hours with time for Q&A.
The workshop will:
- Talk you through the fundamentals of digital marketing and why it matters
- Help you assess where you are currently and where you want to be
- Help you identify and understand your audience, and where to find them online
- Equip you with the tips, tools and techniques needed to market your organisation successfully online
- Teach you which metrics to measure success against
Who should attend
- This workshop is suitable for heritage professionals or volunteers working day-to-day in a communications or digital marketing role
- Those who have started or are looking to start creating a digital marketing strategy soon
- Open to all types of Heritage organisations in any all UK locations
Please complete the short application form in the ‘Apply Now’ tab.
You will have the option of selecting all the workshop dates you can attend and wish to be considered for. However, if successful, you will only be selected for one set of dates, so please ensure you are able to attend all dates you select.
Applications will be open until 14:00 (BST) on 1st June, however if the volume of applications is high before this date, we will close the application form. With up to 25 spaces available per workshop, we’ll be looking to ensure that those taking part are those who most need the training content, as well as ensuring that we are offering training to a range of heritage types.
Successful applicants will be informed by 10th June and will be sent joining instructions after this date. Should accepted applicants find they are unable to make the workshop nearer the dates, we do ask that we are informed as soon as possible, so that the place on this training may be offered to another applicant.