Heritage workshops: Creating cut-through videos for Heritage
Due to the volume of applicants, applications for this workshop have now closed.
This workshop is for the regions of: England- South East, South West, London
To apply for the regions England - North + Scotland + Northern Ireland, please click here
To apply for the regions England - Midlands, East + Wales, please click here
Heritage sites and collections are often some of the most beautiful displays of architecture, art, history and much more, consistently drawing in eager communities and crowds throughout the year. The last 12 months has seen heritage organisations experience the difficult ordeal of having to close their doors to visitors.
This two-hour film-making workshop, delivered by our highly experienced, expert film-maker Nick Street, presents you with the unique opportunity to continue bringing visually pleasing and varied content to an ever-growing digital audience. Unconstrained by distance, social media platforms are a fantastic way for heritages organisations to continue sharing their work.
This workshop will get you started in thinking about the right tools, apps and the legalities around creating films to represent your organisations. Nick will walk you through the process step by step, with lots of support and advice along the way, and provide you with all the top tips and guidance you need to start creating amazing visuals!
The workshop will cover:
In this workshop, we’ll look at:
- Teach you how to get started with creating beautiful films for your heritage organisation
- Provide you an opportunity to learn from other inspiring examples of heritage film and explore various formats to find the best fit for you and your team
- Point you towards useful tools and apps for filming and editing (a mix of free and paid tools)
- Advise you on legalities (such as release forms, music licenses, using stock imagery/footage
- Provide tailored advice where possible and other top tips
Session dates & times:
- 24th February: England - South East, South West, London
- 09:30 - 11:30 (GMT)
Cost: Free. Maximum of 25 delegates.
- 9:30 -11:0- Workshop with Nick Street
- 11:00 -11:30 - Q&A with participants
For successful applicants, there will be the option to continue onto a second workshop session at a later date.
Who is this workshop for?
- This workshop is suitable for beginners, with little prior experience of creating films but with a willingness to regularly create visual content for social media channels.
- Perfect for marketing and comms teams’ employees, such as Social Media Managers and Marketing Executives (but is open to organisations without Marketing and Comms teams who have employees doing multiple jobs – including creating content for their social pages).
- Open to all types of Heritage organisations who have something visual they would like to share with their audience
Please complete the short application form in the ‘Apply Now’ tab.
Applications will be open until 12:00pm on Tuesday 16th February, however if the volume of applications is high before this date, we will close the application form. With up to 25 spaces available, we’ll be looking to ensure that those taking part are those who most need the training content, as well as ensuring that we are offering training to a range of heritage types.
Successful applicants will be informed by 19th February and will be sent joining instructions after this date. Should accepted applicants find they are unable to make the workshop nearer the date, we do ask that we are informed as soon as possible, so that the place on this training may be offered to another applicant.