Brexit, Data Protection and Heritage: What you need to know
The UK’s departure from the European Union will impact how heritage organisations manage personal data and other related responsibilities.
What does this mean for heritage?
This webinar, to take place Tuesday, 26th January, 2021 will explore the impact of Brexit and the priorities for heritage organisations in terms of their data protection obligations and the processing of personal data.
After a short presentation, this webinar will be Question and Answer focussed. We will be asking for attendees’ questions in advance of the session and will answer as many as possible within the hour.
The session will:
- Help you understand the impact of Brexit on the processing of personal data
- Understand any changes necessary to your organisational policies and procedures
- Consider your compliance obligations and what you need to do next
Who should watch:
This session is most useful for anyone working in a heritage organisation who is responsible for data protection or working in departments such as procurement, development, or commercial who are processing personal data or commissioning new activities. It will be relevant to all those who would like to be informed about what impact Brexit will have on their organisation.
Slides & resources
Thank you for attending our webinar!
As promised, hit the link below to download the slides from the session.
- Naomi Korn confirmed it is ’UK GDPR’
- UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
- EU Standard Contractual Clauses
- Naomi Korn Associates
- The National Archives