Exchange Server is email and personal information management software that runs on Windows Server. It provides a collaboration environment for secure messaging inside and outside an organization. The Standard Edition is designed for small-to-medium-sized organisations and is limited to five mailbox databases.
This donation provides one Standard Edition server license. Larger organisations should consider Exchange Server Enterprise Edition. For additional information about Exchange Server and the server and client licensing requirements, see the Guide to Exchange Server Editions and Licensing.
Benefits for Organisations
If you have network administration experience, you can use Exchange Server to:
- Reduce costs by consolidating communications services
- Spend less time maintaining server settings
This product includes Service Pack 1
- Simplified management: A unified, web-based management console simplifies on-premises, online, and hybrid Exchange deployments.
- Unified messaging: Users can receive email, voicemail, and faxes through a single inbox that can be accessed from anywhere, including on mobile and web clients.
- Inbox protection: Integrated antivirus, anti-spam and anti-phishing technologies stop the latest threats.
- Database recovery: Administrators can configure database availability groups of up to 16 mailbox servers for automatic recovery from database-level failures.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Volume Licensing Service Center and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product. After you download the software, learn how to install it or burn it to a disc for later use.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the first email you receive from Charity Digital Exchange after requesting this product.
Expect three emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, Charity Digital Exchange will send a message to your organisation email address confirming the number of licenses you have requested. Make sure the organisation email that is registered with the Charity Digital Exchange Programme is up-to-date. Visit My Account and verify the address in your active organisation profile.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organisation to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
- Charity Digital Exchange will send an email with information about obtaining your license key and managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Under the Software Assurance programme, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.