Pocket money giving app boosts offering
16 Mar 2018by Chloe Green
RoosterMoney, the app that allows children to donate their pocket money to charity, has partnered with JustGiving to make giving easier.
The app helps children manage their pocket money between spending and saving. The charity says that the integration with the JustGiving
platform gives children the opportunity to go a step further, with access to over 26,000 charities that they can learn about and support through the app’s Give pot feature.
adds that it has already seen children using the Give pot put aside up to 15% of their pocket money to charitable causes of their choice.
Will Carmichael, CEO of RoosterMoney said: “We know charitable giving is a very personal issue and an important one for many families. Getting your kids into Giving can be a great opportunity to get them thinking about the causes and issues they are really passionate about supporting and looking at what impact their donations
Neil Bannister, MD of JustGiving UK said: “Young people are already looking for new and exciting ways to support the causes they care about and encouraging children from an early age to think about giving is so important. We are excited to have teamed up with RoosterMoney to get kids giving.”
How the app works
- When a child wants to make a donation, they can tap on 'Give to a Charity' from their Give pot
- They can search for their charity from the JustGiving directory or add their own cause if it's not there
- They can even customise their donation with an image
- They choose the amount they'd like to give and send it to parents for approval!
- Parents will get a notification regarding the donation
- If the charity was chosen from the JustGiving directory, parents get the option to make a donation via JustGiving
- For causes that have been added by a child, parents won't receive the JustGiving option, but can still confirm the donation as being made by their child.
- And if you think their child's not ready to make the donation yet, parents can refund the amount back to their Give pot!