Digital Guide: Brexit, Data Protection and Heritage
24 May 2021by Naomi Korn Associates
Download our free guide to learn all your organisation needs to know about Brexit and Data Protection
Header image: Image C M on Unsplash
Following the UK’s departure from the EU, UK heritage organisations need to familiarise themselves with the impact this will have upon their activities. This guide provides an overview of the data protection management issues for heritage organisations relating to Brexit. Drawing upon the latest advice from the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office this guide will focus on the following aspects:
- Setting the scene
- The impact of Brexit and the priorities for heritage organisations in terms of their data protection obligations and the processing of personal data:
- What happens about GDPR and data protection law?
- The role of the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
- “Adequacy” arrangements
- The need for EU representatives
- EU Domains – The US Privacy Shield following the Schrems II Case
- Considering your compliance obligations and what you need to do next?