Avast Business Content Filtering is a flexible and highly effective way to help boost productivity and increase security by controlling your employees’ Internet usage. Be notified when a device visits sensitive websites with instant alerts via email. Set flexible policies for employees in the office, at home, or on the road while regulating access to specific sites.
Benefit to organisations
Ensure proper Internet usage by limiting or blocking access to websites based on 60 different categories including social, entertainment, and shopping sites.
Secure networks and users from cyberthreats with continuous evaluation of employees’ unknown or uncategorized web search results. Simplify Management
Use out-of-the-box templates to quickly and automatically deploy new filtering policies, or create new default templates specifically for desktops and laptops that can be used by anyone.
Our patented V-routing technology does not require rerouting of traffic or other methods that degrade internet speed.
Administrators can manually override any policy that is blocking access to a particular website once they have reviewed and deemed valid.
Automatic Site Blocking
Schedule Content Filtering to automatically block websites based on pre-determined categories during work hours.
Dynamic Page Filtering
iCat Dynamic Filtering scans any pages not yet categorized in our database to ensure new threats don’t slip through.
Create whitelist policies for websites that are required for business needs to explicitly allow access regardless of reputation.
Alerting and Reporting
Receive instant email alerts and review detailed reports on device activities, including when the activity occurred, the domain where it occurred, the action taken, and the number of attempts on Block/Warn/Allow websites.
Supported Operating Systems
• Windows 7 SP1 or higher (32-bit, 64-bit)
• Windows 8/8.1, except RT & Starter Edition (32-bit, 64-bit)
• Windows 10, except Mobile & IoT Core Edition (32-bit, 64-bit)
• Windows Server 2008 (R2, 32-bit, 64-bit)
• Windows Small Business Server 2008, 2011
• Windows Server 2012 r2
Minimum & Recommended Hardware Requirements
• 1.5GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor (or equivalent)
• 750 MB of free hard drive space minimum (2 GB of free hard drive space recommended)
• 512 MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
• Mozilla Firefox
• Google Chrome
Open Source Used in CloudCare Agent
• Open SSL: www.openssl.org
• TinyXML: www.grinninglizard.com/tinyxml
• Gloox: camaya.net/gloox
• Zlib: www.zlib.net
• SQLite: www.sqlite.org
How can I find out if my organisation is eligible?
• This programme is currently available only to eligible UK registered charities.
• Products will be distributed under this program to eligible organisations only, not to individuals.
• Organisations that advocate, support, or practice discrimination based on age, ethnicity, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background are not eligible to participate in this program. Organisations must be willing and able to attest that they do not discriminate on any of these grounds in order to receive donations.