The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Credits Programme provides credits for cloud services to eligible charities and public libraries throughout the United Kingdom.
The AWS cloud platform offers access to high-powered computing, storage, data warehousing, development, analytics, content delivery, and other services to help charities scale without investing in physical infrastructure.
This grant provides $2,000 in AWS credits valid for 12 months that can be applied toward usage fees for AWS on-demand cloud services, but other select Amazon Web Services are not eligible. Organisations may request one grant of $2,000 in AWS credits per fiscal year. See the Requirements tab for more information.
Benefits for Organisations
If you already use or want to get started using AWS cloud services, you can use AWS credits to
- Save on IT costs by not investing in physical infrastructure and provisioning only the resources you need when you need them
- Increase giving through AWS advanced services to gather, process, analyse, and visualise data cost-effectively to make informed targeting and fundraising decisions
- Analyse big data pipelines, store petabytes of data, and share results with collaborators
- Equip volunteers, temporary employees, or other staff with virtual desktops on the fly without long-term licensing agreements
- Widen your global reach and deploy your solutions where they are needed
- Manage all of your organisation’s AWS cloud services, platforms, applications, and systems from one console
Amazon Web Services includes the following products, each of which provides multiple credit-eligible services.
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) provides a scalable, cloud-based alternative to virtual servers for additional computing power, including databases, enterprise applications, and migrations.
- Amazon EC2 Container Service allows you to run applications on a managed cluster of Amazon EC2 instances, eliminating the need to install, operate, and scale your own cluster management infrastructure.
- See the full list of services and learn more about Amazon Compute.
- Amazon Elastic Block Storage (Amazon EBS) provides persistent local storage for Amazon EC2, databases, data warehousing, enterprise applications, and more.
- Amazon Elastic File System (Amazon EFS) makes data available to one or more EC2 instances for content serving, enterprise applications, media processing workflows, and more.
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) connects data from any Internet location for user-generated content, active archives, serverless computing, and more.
- See the full list of services and learn more about Amazon Storage.
- Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, and Amazon DynamoDB are relational databases designed for quick deployment and management.
- Amazon Redshift allows you to store and manage petabytes worth of data.
- Amazon ElastiCache helps you deploy, operate, and scale in-memory cache.
- See the full list of services and learn more about Amazon Database.
- Advanced Computing: Amazon Web Services provide more high-powered computing services that enable capabilities far beyond traditional IT, including migration services, networking and content delivery, developer tools, and more. See the full list of Amazon Web Services options.
AWS provides Basic Support free of charge, which should be sufficient for most organisations’ support needs.
If you want to upgrade to a Developer or Business Support plan, you can pay for the usage fees with your credits. However, AWS credits do not cover support launch fees. AWS recommends that you carefully review the plan details and usage fees before you make this decision.
The administrative fee for this grant is not refundable.
Obtaining This Product
When Charity Digital Exchange approves your donation request, we will send a message to your organisation email address with instructions for obtaining your credits.